Product name: CVS Health A1C At Home Test Kit
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases
Place to buy: Amazon
Product Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 2 inches; 5.76 Ounces
CVS Health A1C At Home Test Kit, Product Review
Are you looking for a 5-minute at-home A1C without the hustle of having your blood drawn from you vein at a hospital? Then you are in the right place. CVS Health A1C At-Home Test Kit is the right answer for you. Determining your long term blood sugar level control has never been more convenient.
This home A1c test can help you know if you have prediabetes as well as help you determine how well controlled is your diabetes if you are already diagnosed with diabetes. It is an easy way to have a picture of how well controlled your blood sugar has been in the last three months.
CVS Health A1C At-Home Test Kit should not be used to replace your doctor’s visits because those visits are very important for your condition. However, it can be used in between the visits to give you an idea of how well controlled your blood sugar is. It allows you to make lifestyle modification be it its high, in between doctor’s visits. It should not be used to make an official diagnosis of diabetes. If you are not diagnosed with diabetes and your A1C is high, please visit your doctor for an official consultation and diagnosis.
- Small, 0.5microliter sample size
- Easy to use at home
- Monitors glycemic control in patients with diabetes
- Results in 5 minutes
- Reliable and accurate
- A1C analyser
- 2 cartridge pouches
- 2 shaker pouches
- A reference guide
- An overview and helpful hints guide
Accuracy may be affected by the following:
- Hemoglobin variants (HbS, HbC)
- Elevated HbF
- Recent significant blood loss
- A recent blood transfusion
- High amounts of rheumatoid factor
- Expired test (make sure you check for expiry date before use)
- Kit that is not stored properly
Pros of using this test kit
- Very convenient to use
- Does not need a lot of blood (only drops) like with blood drawn from the vein at the hospital
- Test comes with a guide on how to use it
- You do not have to fast(not eat) to take this test
Cons of using this test kit
- The test comes only with two test strips, so if you mess up you might have to buy a new packet.
- The kits are also not re-usable
Who tests for A1c?
- You take this test every 6 months if you have type-1 and type-2 diabetes. This is usually done at your doctor’s visits. You can however take in-between at-home tests i.e. every 3 months using CVS Health A1C At Home Test Kit as it can help you better control your blood sugar levels.
- You can also do this test if you are not living with diabetes but you think you have symptoms of diabetes.
- If you have risk factors associated with diabetes, it is advisable to take this test.
Why test for A1C?
Long term control of blood sugars is very critical in the management of diabetes as it prevents complications associated with diabetes. If you keep an eye on your A1c, you really have got nothing to worry about.
High levels of A1c allows you to act on time before complications arise. This could be through lifestyle modifications such as diet and exercise, or may warrant your doctor to adjust your medications for better blood sugar control. Lifestyle changes do significantly play a role in reducing you A1c.
How do you interpret the results?
If you do not have diabetes or prediabetes, you A1C levels are expected to be ranging between 4% and 5.6%. If your levels are between 5.7% and 6.4% then it means you have prediabetes. Other term for this is glucose intolerance. You have diabetes if your A1c levels are higher than 6.5%
If you have diabetes and are using this test for monitoring of blood sugar control, you target should be A1C below 7%. Anything higher than 7% means your blood sugar has been poorly controlled for the past 3 months.
CVS Health A1C At Home Test Kit is quite easy and very convenient to use. It gives you reliable and accurate results within a short period (5 minutes) in the comfort of your home. It is also affordable. Remember to always show or discuss your home results with your doctor. Choose wisely, choose, CVS Health A1C At Home Test Kit. You can rely on it for fast and reliable information about your blood sugar control. This is the future of your diabetes control.
I hope you enjoyed this review and if you have any question or comments about the CVS Health A1C At Home Test Kit, you can leave a comment below. Your personal reviews are also welcome.